The Authentic Fettuccine Alfredo, one of the most famous dishes and appreciated in the States. Born in a Restaurant in Rome, we are giving you the original and traditional recipe. But first we added some historical background. Alfredo Di Lelio opened the restaurant “Alfredo” in 1914 […]
Tag: pasta and noodles
The Seafood Risotto is a dish with a delicate and distinctive flavor. For a good result you must buy absolutely fresh fish and prepare it carefully. In the preparation of the recipe we suggested the use of clams, mussels, shrimp and squid, but the ingredients can be varied according to personal taste or the availability of fish.
The seafood risotto recipe is not difficult, it takes only a little more patience, but the result is truly amazing!
Enjoy our Seafood Risotto!
- 2 cups chicken or fish broth
- 1 1/3 cups of rice
- 8 small clams
- 8 mussels
- 4 shrimps
- 4 squid
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1/2 cup loosely packed chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Step 1 Clean the mussels, then washed under running water, as well as clams, prawns previously peeled and black gutted private, to squid of the head, bones and entrails, cut into rings.
- Step 2 Put the mussels and clams in a pot with water so that they hatch, stirring occasionally. Shell them, leaving some for the final decoration.
- Step 3 Strain the liquid in the bottom of the pot.
- Step 4 Meanwhile, cook with a little olive oil for a few minutes and the shrimp. Heat the broth and in the meantime chop the parsley.
- Step 5 Combined with the calamari broth, white wine, rice, stirring carefully and constantly.
- Step 6 Season with salt and add the shrimp, mussels and clams, the little parsley before it is cooked.
- Step 7 Decorate with some mussel left aside and a little ‘pepper.
Photo Credit: Annie and Andrew