The Lasagna is mainly a dish of Emilia, modified in the Neapolitan tradition during Carnival and in time became the symbol par excellence of the feast of abundance.
Enjoy our Neapolitan Lasagna!
How to cook the authentic Neapolitan Lasagna
- Tomato sauce
- Italian meatballs
- 1/2 c. Olive oil
- 1/2 lb. Ricotta
- 1/2 lb, Fior di latte or mozzarella
- Cheese, sliced. 1 c.
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Step 1 Cook Pasta in water with oil, placing crisscross to prevent them from sticking together.
- Step 2 Drain into a colander and place noodles on paper towels, again to prevent sticking.
- Step 3 In a separate bowl, mix a few ladles of sauce with the ricotta and cream together. Spread some plain sauce on bottom of 9×13 pan and place noodles on liquid.
- Step 4 Add a layer of the ricotta mixture, mozzarella, meatballs and parmesan. Repeat this process placing noodles in alternate directions as each layer has made.
- Step 5 End with a layer of noodles covered with tomato sauce and top with a little extra parmesan.
- Step 6 Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
Photo Credit: beccafawley