After a holiday vacation full of treats and fast-food, when I got home my body felt overwhelmed and my stomach bloated. I needed something healthy, soothing, and warm to eat. I decided on some soup with small pasta (pastina), which is not only an ideal post-holiday meal, but promises a quick and delicious recovery for the ill, especially during the cold months.
Enjoy our Pasta Soup!
- Olive oil
- 1 Med. Onion
- 2 Med. Carrots
- 2 Med. Potatoes
- 3 Tomatoes (Roma)
- 1 Celery stalk (+ leaves)
- Fresh Chicken or Beef
- 2 Chicken or Beef bouillions (large)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese
- Step 1 Dice the onions and the celery to the desired size (Smaller size will melt away, larger size can be removed).
- Step 2 Cut carrots, potatoes, and tomatoes into bite size pieces.
- Step 3 Remove any bones or fat from the meat if necessary.
- Step 4 In a large soup pot, pour about 1/3 cup of OL and let it warm up.
- Step 5 Next, add in the chopped onions to the OL and saute for about ten minutes, making sure to stir every few to avoid burning.
- Step 6 Add in the diced carrots and 1/2 cup of water and let simmer for another five minutes.
- Step 7 Once water has mostly evaporated, add in potatoes, tomatoes, celery, bouillons, and the chicken or beef meat.
- Step 8 Add in about almost one half gallon of water or up to the rim of the pot. The ingredients must be submerged completely under the water with room to spare.
- Step 9 Cook on high heat, covered for about ten minutes or until it reaches a boil. Lower the heat and let cook for